Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lyme Connections

It's been a while since I've posted here. But I just found some new resources online through Facebook and other outlets which have gotten me in touch with lots of other Lymies. It's powerful to make these connections because it's important to know that we don't suffer alone.

Lyme Disease can be so isolating. Family members and "good" friends who pass our symptoms off as just complaints or drama, can make us feel like we're traveling the streets alone. I've stopped talking about my Lyme to anyone but other fellow Lymies, because they truly are the only ones who understand.

My previous post, from October, made me remember the fire I had in my belly to get out there and get active. With May fast approaching, and the dreaded tick season upon us here in Maryland, I need to educate, advocate, and help others. I haven't gotten many followers here yet, but I am hoping to find some through the new Facebook network and other connections. Sharing information, research, and knowledge is going to be the best way for all of us to find true peace and health. God knows the medical community is not going to help us.

God speed to all you Lymies out there. I hope you find me here and reach out to chat.

2 comments:

Dollface said...

Hi! I'm glad you found my blog so that I can 'follow' yours. I'm in Maryland too. So excited to tick season, aren't you ;) Look forward to more posts!

alyson1derland said...

You're right, Lyme can be very isolating! I don't even want to think about how much harder it would be without the internet to connect us to other Lymies! Glad you found me on here! :)