Thursday, September 23, 2010

Anemia be damned

Another piece of my bloodwork that was interesting is that my H&H (hematocrit & hemoglobin) are back within normal range but my Iron Serum level was higher than the normal range (depending on who you ask for a normal range).

This lab lists 35-155 ug/dL for the normal range but I've seen online that other labs consider 60-170 being the norm. My Iron Serum came in at 169 which got flagged as high from this Lab where my bloodwork was processed. I'm hoping that is just from the four-month iron supplement I was on for my Anemia.

I'll find out more about that # next Wednesday when I have my follow-up appointment to review my bloodwork and discuss what supplements and medications I need to start for the Lyme.

At least it has a name, at least it has a name...I keep repeating this to myself when I start feeling depressed and overwhelmed by the months and years of recovery I have ahead.

No comments: