Wednesday, September 22, 2010

D-Day

I received the results from my blood test in the mail today. I have to call my Doctor in the morning, his office was closed by the time I got around to opening my mail. Turns out I have Lyme Disease. My CD57 count was a low 44. Anything below the normal range of 60-360 is indicative of Lyme. I don't know how many bands I have, I'm hoping to get more info from the Doc tomorrow. He will most likely put me on a few supplements for a week or two before starting the first round of Doxy. I'm hoping I can knock this out quickly but I know from the experience of several friends currently suffering with Chronic Lyme, that it could be a long-term thing, months or even years.

I hope I'm up for the challenge. I'm pretty freaked out right now even if part of me is happy I have a diagnosis. And my new Doctor will treat my whole person, so I'm going to try to stay positive, even though I have a serious and longterm illness that I know will be a long road to tackle.

No comments: